Monday, December 26, 2011

NEVER expected this to happen ...

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!

NATURALLY with NO TTC!

Holy crap, I can't believe i'm writing that. As i've wrote before, we planned on using our frozen embryo this coming summer. I still keep a chart on fertility friend to keep up with my periods and days we have sex. It helps keep up with my PCOS symptoms and all.

The hubs was working on the boat during the first and middle of my cycle. He actually didn't come home and we didn't "BD" (sounds less TMI lol) until day 25 and 27 of my cycle. Not sure why on earth I would have ovulated that late, but by some odd force, I did.

By day 34/36 I could feel AF coming. I had cramps and achy back just like normal. By day 38 I had a dream I took a bunch of pg tests and they all came out positive. When I woke up it did make me sad because all we have wanted to do is get pregnant just by chance! Without docs, meds, money, etc.

The next morning I seen a few drops of red blood and figured she's finally here. After that there was nothing but cramps. 3 days later on cycle day 42 I decided I was tired of waiting on her. I know I can develop cysts if I wait too long between cycles so I decided the next day I would call my gyno and get a script to bring on AF. I knew they would ask if I ruled out pg so I asked DH to grab a test at the $ store.

On Dec 20th, 4:30 pm, I turned around to see a + on the screen. I was SO CONFUSED. How?? "Medically speaking" IVF was going to be our only option. Hell after waiting 5 yrs and finding out all our medical issues before Mia - we truly never imagined getting pregnant naturally.

I became obsessed, as we most do, on testing! We went straight to the store to get more tests. I took one 2 hrs later in the bathroom of the store - instant +, 2 hrs later at home - instant +. We kept trying to figure out other reasons those tests would turn + (denial, I know).

Coming from an infertility background - I was worried for all kinds of reasons. I wanted to get in for a blood test and get my levels. I found out my OB wasn't going to check levels and wasn't doing bloodwork until late the next day. On Dec 22nd, in a frenzy, I turned to the only doc I knew would understand - my RE (fertility doc).

They immediately faxed down a stat order for actual beta levels and a progesterone check. I later found out my OB wasn't even going to check progesterone at all.

The lab ended up not sending the results stat and we didn't get the call until the morning of the 23rd. Beta was 990 but progesterone was only at 10. I was immediately started on 400mg per day. Thank God I ended up contacting my RE since the OB wasn't going to check - because I ended up having a problem with it!

Due to the holiday I cannot get my next levels ran until tomorrow (Dec 27th). I am nervous because I know they should be quite high after 5 days. I took another cheap pg test (still can't stop) and it's definetly progressing. That makes me feel better. I know the level is going up a least a little.

There are only 2 days when we "BD". Dec 3rd and the 5th. DH wasn't home before then - he actually worked over the Thanksgiving holiday and then we were busy with a family funeral and then he had to leave out again. Going by those days the due date should be somewhere around Aug 25-28th. I'm assuming the drops of blood I seen was late implantation or because of my low progesterone?? My OB isn't wanting to see me until Feb sometime but I am wanting an earlier ultrasound to make sure things are ok in there. Not sure if I can get one sooner or not.

Many people have asked if we were TTC - obviously we weren't. We just knew birth control was a waste because of the medical issues and what it took to get Mia. This put us in COMPLETE SHOCK. Though a good shock.

Mia and this baby will actually only be a year and a few weeks apart. We know at times that will be difficult but we are so blessed by this. This is the way God wanted it to happen, for whatever reasons. We'll sure take it : ).

We're praying for good lab results tomorrow. I will update on here when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment