Since this blog is dedicated to my family life I can't go without talking about my wonderful family I have right now.
I met my husband, Paul, when I was 15 years old and he was 20. We met through a family friend and while neither of us were looking for a relationship we decided to give one a try. We had been dating for 8 months when Paul proposed. Obviously we knew it would be a long engagment -- I was only 16 at the time -- but it was a promise that we would eventually be as one and have a family.
I graduated in May 2004 and we got our own house together in June. Originally we wanted to be married in June 05 but after wedding dress shopping in July 04 I decided to move the wedding up by 7 months to November 6th, 2004. Paul didn't care -- wedding planning was girl stuff to him.
That beautiful Saturday afternoon came all too quickly and passed just as fast. Our main wedding song that our parties walked down to was Me & You by Kenny Chesney. When I was younger and in school I would write letters to Paul (you know how teenage girls are) and on one of my letters I ended it with the lyrics to that song. "Everyday I need you even more. And the nighttime too. There's no way I could ever love you more. Even if I wanted to. Ordinary no, really don't think so. Not a love this true. Common destiny we were meant to be -- Me and You." I found that letter saved in his things before we got married and it meant all the more to us!
**All graphics are by ROJO -- please do not steal. You can add her on myspace and see all of her wonderful creations. I have a link to her site at the top of my blog**





No comments:
Post a Comment