Sorry I haven't posted an update until now. On Nov 8th I got my day 5 stimming ultrasound and it wasn't good. My ovaries weren't responding to the meds and my biggest follicle was only 8.5mm. My estridol (E2) level was only 57 and my doctor had to up my dose of stims from 150 to 400 a day. I was told to start my Menopur and he doubled the dose of that as well.
On top of it all I had to go buy another $756 in meds, which drained what I had left to spend on IVF. No one in the office expected me to not respond since i'm a pcos patient so you can say none of us were prepared. : (
Waiting for my next ultrasound on the 11th was hard. I wasn't excited to go and was worried that all of this was for nothing. I did get a blessing though - we went in yesterday for day 8 of stims and my body was finally responding, just a little slow! My uterine lining had increased from 4.8 to over 9 and that showed him that my body had kicked in. When he looked at my ovaries I had about 4 measuarable eggies on each side. On the right I had a : 12, 11, 10, and 9 and on the left (which was harder for him to see) I had one that was almost 14 followed by a 12, 11, and 10. He also said I had smaller ones on each ovary.
I am expected back by 8:30 in the morning and i'm still nervous. I had some meds donated to me but they will only get me through Sat and he isn't COMPLETELY sure my eggs will be ready to trigger by then. Right now he said it was possible that I will trigger on Sun, retrieval on Tuesday, and tranfer on Friday but it will all depend on what he sees tomorrow.
Please keep me in your prayers. I'm praying hard that those eggies will all be big enough to go through with trigger! I just didn't expect such bad news when my pretesting had showed things would go great. But I should know by now that never happens.
I'll update when I can!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh Jessica I'm so sorry that your cycle isn't going smoothly...that additional burden of spending more money sucks so much. I am so happy though that you have some follies that are growing. Hopefully by next weekend, you're PUPO!!!! I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much girl!! I know, I can't believe that i'll be done by then! I'm feeling quite a bit of cramping today so i'm praying they'll be ready by tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!! I'll keep you posted.
ReplyDeleteHey Jessica - I was thinking about you this weekend and I hope all is well!
ReplyDelete