Saturday, November 6, 2010

Everything Is Moving Along

So i've been SO flippin busy I haven't had time to get on here and update how my stims have been going - or how my ultrasound/bloodwork went.

I went to get my baseline done on Nov 2nd. Doctor said my lining was great at 4.5, uterus was sitting good with no cysts and no polyps, and he could see around 8-9 follicles on each ovary so he wasn't going to worry that I would hyperstimulate!

After the ultrasound he talked about how he looks for great success with us due to my age and previous pregnancy. Fertilization was probably our problem all along. He gave us well over a 50% success rate. And last month, the group of girls doing IVF ALL got pregnant!!!!! That lets me know he is doing something right!

I was told to start my stims (to make my eggs grow) on Nov 4th and to report back with him on Nov 8th. I didn't end up getting my bloodwork results until Friday which showed my E2 (estridol) at 38 - which is good b/c they look for under 100, and my FSH was 3.7 - which was a tad bit high. She said it was absolutely fine and it just means right now they don't need to supplement what my body is already doing by me taking the menopur. So, instead of starting the menopur today I am to wait until my next appt Monday to find out when he wants me to take it.

As for the stim shots, they are fine. The needle feels just like my lupron needles -- sometimes they sting and today I bled from both my lupron AND my follistim spots. lol Oh what we do to get preggo.

I'll try to update as soon as I can after my appt but i'll be super busy Monday. I'll probably be able to on Tuesday!! Here's hoping my eggies will be looking good!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica I'm so excited for you! I saw on FB that they had 100% success last month! Isn't that incredible? And Nurse Jackie is the best isn't she? I love talking to her.

    We're going back to STL on December 5th for a follow-up with Dr. S on Monday at 8am on the 6th. We're doing injection lessons and finalizing everything. I start BCPs in less than 2 weeks!

    Good luck and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    That is SO exciting girl!! They are really awesome people!

    Things will move so fast once you get done with the birth control! Keep me posted. : )

    ReplyDelete