Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 13

I can't believe 13 weeks have already gone by - but at the same time it has seemed slow. I keep telling myself I will be my happiest at 20 weeks. It has been my personal milestone since we began for some reason. I'll have a beautiful baby belly, i'll be feeling that miracle move, i'll know what it is, and i'll be halfway either way you look at it. The emotions are ... well ... there aren't words. I am still stuck in the stage where I don't believe i'm pregnant even though I am!

We had a regular check up yesterday with the practitioner. They told me not to be alarmed because I was still early and it may take a while to find the heartbeat with a doppler. Then the practitioner just decided we'd go "play" with the ultrasound machine and make it less stressful. It was a treat we were not expecting! Especially my husband - he wasn't able to be at the last ultrasound so he was on cloud 9 (as we all were). The tech, nurse, and prac were all in the room oggling over our amazing baby. OUR baby : ) It's so hard to believe myself when I say it! We got this one beautiful shot of the baby's hand and leg. It looks like it is waving to us. You can see each tiny finger. These moments are etched in my heart. I am so very blessed to be here.

Things in the pregnancy are progressing amazingly! Even better than with my daughter's pregnancy. My blood pressure is perfect, my blood sugar levels are outstanding (since I have PCOS and a history of gestational diabetes I have to monitor them daily), and I even lost 2 pounds since last visit! (I'm fluffy to begin with so it's not a bad thing haha).

We set up to have another ultrasound on Feb 24th (4 days after my birthday) and we will be finding out the gender at that time. Yesterday my hubby was too excited and kept asking the tech if she could give a guess but the only thing she said was "I see something triangular but at this stage they both look pretty close to one another". As for gender guesses - hubby is set on boy (not b/c he wants that gender but he just believes that's what we're getting), my daughter says girl all the way, and i'm the one who is 50/50. The only way I can put it is that i'll be more surprised (in a good way) if it is a boy.

We will also be having a "gender/routine" ultrasound with our regular OB the middle of March. And at 28 weeks we are paying to have a 3D done -- so we have quite a few more times to see our baby before he/she makes an appearance!!More than likely i'll post again when we find out the gender. Anyone wanna take a guess at what i'll be telling you next post????? :D

1 comment: