Tuesday, March 29, 2011

21 Weeks

Time is flying by! I had my checkup yesterday and you couldn't ask for a better pregnancy so far. My blood pressure is still doing great (was high at every appt with my other daughter), my blood sugar is still doing well (had gestational diabetes with my other daughter), and I have gained 0 lbs for the whole pregnancy so far (which is fine since I am overweight to begin with - damn PCOS!)! Mia is growing perfectly. She is now 14 oz : ). She is VERY active and the tech had a hard time getting all the measurements for our scan. Her tummy had fluid in it which meant she was drinking properly and her kidneys also showed fluid so that means she is urinating too! Her heart and cord have all the chambers and vessels as well (which we knew by our 16 week scan but it's always nice to hear). The only down part was they didn't PRINT good pics for us. This tech was filling in for the regular one and was so focused on getting those measurements that she was passing up ALL kinds of good pic opportunities! When she first started the scan we had an amazing view of Mia's hand - looked as real as it would in person, just white because of the u/s lol. She was scratching her face -- but she didn't print a pic of it : (! Anyways I wanted to share a few pics. The first is a pic of her leg and foot from yesterday at 20 wks 6 days: Photobucket And here is her hand and leg from our 12 wks 6 day u/s with the SAME office just a diff tech. (You will see why I am upset with yesterday's after looking at how good this one was): Photobucket I talked with the OB about my concerns with labor/delivery. She said since my hubby will be out for work at such a crucial time and I went so fast and early with my daughter (w/o knowing I was so far along) we may talk about an early induction when the time comes. She doesn't mean throwing me into labor when my body isn't ready but more watching to see if my body starts dialating early and how favorable my cervix is for induction come that time. She doesn't want me at home 7cm and not know it with my hubby almost 2 hours away at work. So, that's the update thus far! I really see Mia coming at the end of July so we possibly only have about 17 weeks left to go! I can't believe we have gotten this far. I feel so very blessed : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment