We are getting there! Sometimes I think 'OMG in just a few months i'll be meeting someone I will have waited almost 6 years to meet' .... and other times it seems like those few months are so far away! Don't ask me why - After you've waited 5 years you figure a few months would be a piece of cake, right?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I am going to miss this when it's over. I've missed it the entire time TTC. I'm trying to relish every moment I have with her in my tummy. I love feeling her move, I love getting bigger, I love watching my tummy roll when she is kicking around .... it's so beautiful. I am so very blessed to have her in my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had our 28 week check up last week and things are doing well. Haven't gained much for this pregnancy - 7 lbs or so. I do have gestational diabetes but that was to be expected. I had it with my first pregnancy and developed the PCOS after so I knew I would have it this time around. Everything else is great though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I do have the diabetes I have to watched more closely now (which is fine by me!). We go next week for a growth ultrasound and 2 weeks after that we start WEEKLY appts with non stress tests. Not exciting with the gas prices (because my doc is an hour away) but they wanted to start weekly at 32 weeks so they can make sure things are going well with her and the diabetes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will also have another growth ultrasound at 34 weeks. I am actually grateful for the ultrasounds. With my first pregnancy the OB gave one at every appt. It was part of his routine check up ... so only having them so often this time around has been hard, especially after infertility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We expect Mia to make her appearance in late July since her big sister came at 37 weeks. Of course, she may not but our OB has a feeling she will follow a similar path of my first daughters: Early and quick!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news .... our friends are throwing us a baby shower bbq on June 11th and we are so excited! It's not anything traditional - just a big bbq with no games and going to be at the park so the kids have a blast. We are so blessed just to have them offer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I should wrap this up for now. Hope everyone is doing well!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment