Monday, December 13, 2010

First Ultrasound Shows ...

ONE perfect little sprout and a perfect heartbeat to match!!

My heart was about to beat outta my chest when I laid back on that table. The doc was silent for a few moments (agony!) and then my 5 year old asked if there was 2. He then proceeded to say "guess what? ..... We only got 1" lol. Talk about a mini heart attack. I thought for a second he was gonna say 2! (Not that I would have minded)

After a few more moments of silence he asked if we were ready to see something really cool - then he turned the monitor to us and showed us that TINY AMAZING heartbeat!!!! No words!

Hubby had tears in his eyes and my daughter was so excited and amazed. It was a perfect moment. : )

He reassured me the miscarriage rate drops dramatically after picking up a good heartbeat. (I had no other m/c factors other than the PCOS)

Our next (and last) appt with him will be on Dec 27th and then we will "graduate" to our OB!

As for me personally, i'm feeling ok. Some cramping (which is perfectly normal), today I was nauseated bad but I coughed it up to nerves, and feeling more tired/moody. No big symptoms just yet.

*Just want to add that I give God praise EVERYDAY for this beautiful miracle. We have waited sooooo long*

Until then ......

5 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! A heartbeat! Contgrats Jesica I'm so incredibly excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I spelled your name with one "s"; my niece spells it that way and I'm so darn used to it....


    Also I have some questions for you about the clinic and I'm sure you'll be able to calm my nerves quite a bit. Thanks again and keep us all posted on your amazing pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing!!! I'll never forget that first time seeing my girls. I will relive that moment forever. Congrats honey! You deserve this!

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYY!!!! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls. : )
    Christa - Do you still have my email?

    ReplyDelete